Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Monday, December 14, 2015

Catching up: Days 11, 12, 13 and 14

Well, I've really bombed the past few days. I haven't made a post in four days. Shame on me! BUT, I'm here now and I plan to stay caught up. I am going to set a reminder on my phone for the rest of the month to help me remember. Here goes catch up:

Day 11: Green


Lucas, Mom, Kat, and I walked to Babylon on Friday night for dinner. On the way home, I saw some greenery and thought it was perfect. Sadly, it is not real. This photo would'be been much better if it had been.


Day 12: Joy is...

Goodness, so many things in my life bring me joy. It difficult to pinpoint just one. Since I just received my final grades for the semester today, I thought it would be appropriate to go with learning. I love to learn. School is just one source of knowledge, for my future career. I also enjoy learning about cooking techniques, party ideas, gift ideas, psychology studies, budgeting strategies, and so much more.



Day 13: Presents

This was perfect. Our annual Christmas party was yesterday, December 13th, so the presents picture was very fitting. Since several people got a picture of the presents under the tree, I decided to take a picture of all the presents I've received so far! Already this Christmas season, I've been so blessed with all the love and joy it brings.


The tree with its decorations and the dresser are the only two items in this photo I didn't receive for Christmas this year. What I have received from the photo is: a arm-knitted infinity scarf, Santa and Mrs. Claus salt and pepper shakers, a sushi roll ornament, handmade earrings, a wood burnt cutting board, owl wine glasses, a Kentucky-shaped cookie cutter, a RealSimple cookbook, and a small metal gift basket.

Day 14: Hot Drink


This is our coffee nook, for those that haven't seen it. It's a little messy right now but its functionality and visual appeal is slowly coming along. I just recently added the white lights to it. Before, you could hardly see a thing, even during the day. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Fun fact: This nook used to be a dumbwaiter. How stinkin' nifty are those things.

As for the hot drink, I had just made a cup of Peet's coffee in the Keurig. I may or may not have taken a few sips before snapping this photo.

Finally, I wanted to share the Gingerbread Thumbprint cookie recipe I made for our cookie exchange last night. I was super happy with how these cookies turned out and have already committed to making them for a Christmas gathering in my hometown. I got the recipe from blogger Yellow Bliss Road.


Enjoy!


No comments: