Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Monday, December 14, 2015

Days 8-14

I must apologize once more for being late on my posts. I have been taking the photos daily for my updates, but haven't been uploading them on time. I'm sure most of you have learned to expect this from me by now, so hopefully you won't be too upset!

Day 8: Wrapping Paper

Like all of the other Twenty Somethings, I like to find deals wherever possible. This photo is of all the wrapping paper that I have leftover from last year. I always go shopping after Christmas and stock up on wrapping paper to use the following year. It saves me quite a bit of money that way...plus, it makes gift wrapping much easier to already have the supplies you need on hand.



Day 9: Peace

This photo was taken at our fourth-annual Christmas Party. The cute mug belongs to Martha S. (who kindly brewed me some coffee to go in it).



Day 10: Christmas List 

It has been a long time since I wrote down a list of what I wanted for Christmas. I remember writing letters to Santa when I was younger. I would go through the Toys "R" Us catalogs and circle everything that I wanted. Each year, I would wish for a dog...specifically a Dalmatian (I was obsessed with 101 Dalmatians & spotted animals ie. ladybugs). Of course, I never got everything on the list (unfortunately, no puppy), but a girl can dream, right?!

Now that I am older, my mom still asks for suggestions of what to get me for Christmas. Whenever I see something I feel like I can't live without, I send her a photo/link so that she can see it.  This book, How To Catch A Frog, is an example of the types of items that I wish for.



Day 11: Green

I recently decorated the bulletin board in my office. It was filled with thumb-tack holes and wasn't very pretty to look at, so I bought this cute polka-dot fabric from Walmart and stapled it on. It was a very hastily made project, so it's not one of my best...but at least it serves its purpose of adding a little splash of color to my work space.




Day 12: Joy is...

Joy is going home to this little cutie every night. Although he is technically my sister's dog, I have become very attached to him in the short amount of time we have spent together. After a hard day at work, he is there to greet me at the door and smother me in kisses. He brings a lot of happiness into my life, and I dread the day that I will no longer be living with him.



Day 13: Presents!
These are all of the gifts that we opened at Martha S.'s house last night. I would have included a photo of the gifts under my tree, but unfortunately there are no longer any gifts left under it, since I took most of them to the party, and haven't wrapped any of my other gifts yet.



Day 14: Hot Drink 
This is my cheap dollar store reusable coffee cup that I take to work with me in the mornings. This morning, I had hazelnut coffee and added some Italian sweet cream. It was delicious!


That's all for now, folks! Hopefully, it won't be another week before you hear from me again. 

-Miss Ellanous

No comments: