Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Day 5: Red

I discovered a new album on Spotify and it has taken reign as my favorite Christmas album this season. Beta Radio is the name of the duo and the album is called The Songs the Season Brings Vols. 1-4. They performed in Paris, KY in October; I'm bummed that I missed them. They incorporate all different genres of music including folk, indie and rock. If you looking to hear some new seasonal tunes, I definitely recommend checking them out.


Today's photo features faux poinsettias. Did you know poinsettias are named after Joel Roberts Poinsett, the first United States Ambassador to Mexico? Yeah, me either until today. I also learned that the red part of a poinsettia is actually leaf, not flower and that it is incorporated into Spain's Easter traditions instead of Christmas.


Hope y'all are enjoying your weekend! I took the day off from my studies yesterday. Lucas and I went to the Richmond Christmas Parade then came home and watched Polar Express. It put me in a wonderful spirit. Today, I have studied and ran errands with hopes to get in another Christmas movie tonight. What have y'all done?



No comments: