Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Monday, December 14, 2015

Day 13: Presents

Yesterday's challenge was presents, which was extremely fitting considering the TwentySomethings, fondly known as the Musketeers, gathered for a Christmas Party and Cookie Exchange. I left feeling so blessed because I received so many thoughtful gifts.


Wow. Slippers and a perfect sign. Tea related items and a first printing book by Jane Austen and some other lady. A much needed clock and chocolate! Twizzlers and turkey earrings. So many wonderful gifts.

One that I got particularly excited about was the sloth tea infuser.

In third grade, I recited a poem about a very slow sloth, which I have included below for your reading pleasure. Isn't it profound? I wish I still had the poster I drew to accompany my recitation.


I am a sloth

A sloth am I
I live in trees
But I can't fly
I do not run
I am so slow
But I am where
I want to go



-Jack Prelutsky

All of these gifts reminded me of a verse from Matthew 7:11 where Jesus said "So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him." God truly has given me a great gift of salvation. As much as I love all of these gifts that my friends have given me, I love God's gift even more. 

To end this post, I will leave you with a picture of Marvel, who was quite playful last night. He helped us unwrap presents, tried to eat game pieces (he was helping me win), and got all in our personal space. And then he was cute and laid on the couch and let us pet him. 



-Granny Eyre

P.S. I'm challenging Miss Ellaneous and Martha S. to get caught up on the picture challenge.

No comments: