Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Thursday, December 3, 2015

A Little Better Than A Charlie Brown Christmas Tree

I must say I'm really enjoying all of these posts. They're short and predictable, but it gives me a little insight into each of my friend's lives.

Day Three: A Christmas Tree.

Growing up, my family stopped putting up a Christmas tree at home because we always went to my Grandy's for Christmas and there just wasn't much room in my house. Now before everyone starts saying, "bah humbug", we did pull out a mini tree, pre-decorated, and set it in the living room. When I got my own apartment and it started hitting December, I was torn. Do I get a big tree? The thought definitely crossed my mind. I have 10 foot ceilings mind you. I could go gigantic. But then I thought about it more and the practical side of me kicked it. Where would I store such a monstrosity after Christmas. So I opted for a small tree, which came with lights already on it. I think it's almost perfect. Yeah, it looks a bit ragged and could use some better fluffing and decorations, but it's mine. I've even started putting all of the presents on the floor around it.


No comments: