Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Happiness is...

Merriam Webster defines happiness as a state of well being and contentment. I rather like this definition especially the contentment part. I think you can find contentment in lots of things and those things don't have to be big or even tangible. On Christmas Eve this past year I watched the 50th anniversary show of A Charlie Brown Christmas. In the show there were a few people who talked about Charlie Brown and there were some artist who sang different songs. One such song stood out to me and it comes to mind for this particular post. Kristen Chenoweth sang the song from Charlie Brown called Happiness Is. In the episode a few of the characters from the show sang that song. The reason I very much like this song is because the children who sang it find happiness in things that as an adult I tend to forget about. I am going to share my favorite line from the song here,

Happiness is being alone every now and then.
And happiness is coming home again
Happiness is morning and evening
Daytime and nighttime too
For happiness is anyone and anything at all
That's loved by you

To hear the Kristen Chenoweth version I've added the link Happiness Is



To end this post I am going with how this post started, happiness is contentment.
Peace to you all.


3 comments:

Cathy said...

That's Kristen Chenoweth. Kristen Bell did play Anna from Frozen, but that's a different Kristen. The Broadway star from Wicked that is in Frozen is Idina Menzel, who plays Elsa.

adkinsam said...

Ah I see. In my defense though Kristen Bell was hosting the show in which Kristen Chenoweth sang the song. But no fear the edit tool is a great resource.

Unknown said...

You should sign your post! It took me a second to figure out who wrote it! :)