Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Fighting the good fight

As many of you twenty somethings know, a dear older friend of mine has been battling cancer for the past year now. She has finished chemotherapy and radiation therapy which are both miracles from God giving her the strength to keep on keeping on. The doctor officially declared her cancer free last week. As a precautionary measure however she has to take a herceptin infusion every three weeks for about five more months.  But what in the world does this have to do with our May Photo Challenge you ask? Well today's challenge is the letter F so I chose the word fight for this post. Through all of the doctors and nurses poking and prodding, medicine changes, unexpectedness, losing breath, sleepless nights, and too many trips to Lexington and back to count, Sheila has never stopped fighting. She continually relies on God for her strength and ability to keep fighting this each and every day. My picture today is of her with a good friend and me standing around her, fighting the battle of this challenge in prayer together.


2 comments:

Sheila said...

I get by with a little help from my friends and all my fighting strength comes from my God! Thanks for always being there for me. I love the picture!

Cathy said...

I'm glad you shared this with Sheila. This is a good F word!