Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Sunday, May 1, 2016

May Day...Day 1

First of all..I really can't believe it is May. It seems like it should still be February or something. Time is just going by so quickly. Only two more weeks of class! Craziness. But, I digress. I'm supposed to be posting a "May Day" photo. I guess anything really goes today since everything in May is technically a May day..haha So I am actually posting two photos. After church, I spent most of the day riding around with my beau going to various car dealerships to check out cars. None of them were open today so we were just walking around the lots looking at the cars he was interested in. It was raining on and off the whole day. We walked up to one lot to look around (a little ways from the car), it was sprinkling when we got out of the truck, not long after we got up the hill to the lot and had looked at one vehicle, it started pouring. We took cover under a tiny little awning on the building where we were still feeling the slanting rain somewhat and we had to wait it out. They were thunderstorms too, lightening and wind. I was happy when the bigger part of the storm passed by (about 10-15 minutes later..). So I snapped a quick photo of us waiting for the rain to pass.


Secondly, we stopped at Aldi while we were out and MAY DAY-- did I get a deal! I got a ton of produce (mostly fruits) for $10. What tempted me to go in there originally was their 25 cent avocados (I ended up getting 8, because come on, that's soooo super cheap!!) They keep for a while in the fridge so I got several. I came out with oranges, a cantaloupe, 3 mangoes, a pineapple, and bananas. I am super excited about all the fresh fruit! Don't worry, I'll probably end up sharing some with my beau, so I won't overdue it on my own. ha I can see several smoothies and maybe some banana bread in my near future!
See ya tomorrow! 
The Farmer's Daughter

No comments: