Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Catching Up

TV Show Addictions: 
I have several shows I have become addicted to because of Netflix. One of those being Pretty Little Liars. I started watching it last summer when I moved into the apartment. It was a show about high schoolers, but it was intriguing because it was a mystery, drama, romantic comedy all in one. I couldn't stop watching it because I wanted to know what happened next.
I also became addicted to Once Upon a Time, which is a show I've already given you my review of on the blog. I love all the fairy-tale stories all mixed into one modern-day tale. If you like Disney fairy-tales, you will probably really enjoy this show.
Lastly, I enjoy Jane the Virgin. There is only one season of the show on Netflix, and the second season just finished up on regular TV. It's a romantic-comedy of a Hispanic twenty-something and her family. It's based around her becoming pregnant and having a baby, but it's much more than that. It's quite funny and includes many cliff-hangers as well.

What You're Wearing:
On Saturday I went to a yard sale and a peddler's mall with some fellow Twenty-Somethings, worked a 5.5 hour shift, and saw my beau. It was a really great day because I was finally free from school work for the semester! I could do whatever I wanted and not have homework hanging over my head. Yay! Needless to say, my first homework-free Saturday was really nice.

After work (this is what I wore)...
I went to Chuy's with my beau..we LOVE eating there
Fave Thing to Do on a Sunday:
I love going to church every Sunday. Singing and praising God, "fellowship" with others and learning to think more like Christ are all is something I really enjoy. I also really love spending time with my beau on Sundays. The first day of the week is a great day to kick back and relax, visit with family and eat good food. Oftentimes I spend Sundays in my beau's neck of the woods. This past Sunday we were able to buy some flowers at a local greenhouse (and put some hanging baskets up on his porch), visit his sister and her family and visit with his parents too. We got to play with his little niece and be entertained by her for a couple of hours. I think there will be some baby-sitting in my future this summer. I adore little kids.
See one of the baskets in the background? :)
FUN: 
Yesterday I was invited over to my bff from high school's house for dinner and a visit. She wanted us to make a recipe out of a cook book I had given her. It was a Whoopie Pie cook book. So, we went to make the traditional chocolate pies with a marshmallow buttercream filling. This was our "double-boiler" method of melting the marshmallows (photo below). It was interesting. haha It did finally melt the mallows though. I didn't get a photo of the pies themselves, but you can kind of see them in the background of the photo. She is a sweets addict, more so than me even, so she didn't think the chocolate "pies" were sweet enough..so she sent them home with me and I am going to crumble them up and make cake pops. It was fun reconnecting with an old friend.

I'll try to keep better caught up after this! 

No comments: