Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Thursday, May 5, 2016

What I have V. What I want/need...Day 5

This is sort of an odd prompt for a photograph. So...I had to kind of adapt to fit something in. All my basic needs are met, and I have no complaints. What I realize I would really like some more of though, is time. Many of us probably share this sentiment. Life goes by so quickly.

Tonight, like many nights, I had high hopes of getting some studying in for my upcoming finals and getting a writing assignment finished that is due this weekend. What I actually accomplished was different that what I wanted to accomplish, hence my title. I had a lovely Cinco De Mayo Mexican dinner while catching up with a fellow TwentySomething. Plus, I got to meet her cute, new furry friend. He's adorable. After this visit, I got my dishes cleaned, and a small portion of my writing assignment completed. Then...I remembered my last actual (learning- not finals) class of the semester which is tomorrow morning, is having a potluck breakfast. I decided to make some banana nut muffins because I had all the ingredients and muffins are fairly simple. In between talking to my beau, making the muffins, and cleaning up the muffin dishes, I'm tired and ready to go to bed. So what I have is a really lovely batch of muffins to share with my classmates tomorrow, and what I want/need is some more time to study and write before my finals next Monday and Tuesday. I have faith I will get through them all alive though, even though I could really use some more time.

By the way, it was a tasty recipe. Go here. Instead of all butter, I used 1/3 the amount of butter, 2/3 applesauce (for a total of 3/4 of a cup). And walnuts instead of pecans. Yummmmmmmmm................
The Farmer's Daughter

No comments: