Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Monday, May 2, 2016

Day 2: My Morning Routine

All mornings are about the same for me....the alarm goes off and I don't want to get up. Most days, I snooze it and go back to bed. Sometimes, like today, I turn all alarms off and fall back to sleep and then wake up half an hour later and find that I am late for work. I truly am not a morning person. I think most everyone who knows me is well aware of this fact by now.

A well-fitting gift from my sister.
That being said, once I do get up, I usually go through the house opening blinds. I've found that the sunlight helps wake me up. Then I head straight to the coffee pot and start brewing. While the coffee is brewing, I usually feed my bird, Dallas....as she is the only pet I have left (my fish all died from ich and I am no longer puppy sitting Jay). Once the coffee is ready, I add a little cream and sit outside on the back porch to drink my coffee and (hopefully) wake up! I used to take Jay outside during this time so that he could do his business. He was often a backup alarm clock and would whine and try to nudge me out of bed until I got up to take him to potty.

Once I have had some time to wake up, I go get dressed and ready for work. If I am working from home, I sometimes skip the getting dressed part and go straight to work in my pajamas. Those are the best days! Haha...I need one of those t-shirts that says, "I'm out of bed and dressed, what more do you want?" I swear, getting out of bed literally feels like torture most days. Luckily, I fully wake up about 15 minutes after I get out of bed, and feel much better. Does anyone else feel this way? I know I can't be the only one...even though most of the Twenty Somethings seem to be much more pleasant in the mornings than myself.


-Miss Ellaneous

No comments: