Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Monday, May 23, 2016

Catching up on Days 21-23

Day 21-What I'm Reading: American Green by Ted Steinberg.

Yes, I am reading a book about the history of the American lawn...don't judge! It's actually pretty fascinating. For some reason, I feel like I am wasting my time if I am reading a book that I cannot learn from (I think B.C. did that to me, but I'm not here to point fingers). Right now, I'm at the part where the author is discussing how people became obsessed with their lawns...to the point where they had no furniture in their homes because they had spent all of their money trying to impress their neighbors with a beautiful lawn.


Did you know? Clovers are actually good for your lawn, because they have the ability to filter nitrogen from the air and deposit it into the soil for the grass? Lawn clippings do the same, so save money by leaving them on your lawn and not having to buy harmful fertilizers.


Day 22: Where I Stand 


This quote has got me thinking about where I stand. I've always been told that if I work hard enough, I will be able to achieve anything....but what if what I am trying to achieve isn't worth it? How do you know when it's time to walk away from certain things in life? The biggest thing this quote brings to mind for me is relationships. I can think of certain "toxic" relationships I have had in my life where I did all I could for someone and it didn't seem like enough....this has made it difficult for me to trust people and be the generous person that I am by nature. But I do not want to miss out on helping a friend because I am afraid of getting hurt. How do you know when you have done "enough", "too much" or "too little" to help someone? 

12 O' Clock: Here is where I was at 12:00. At my house goofing off with my sweetie. I look forward to lunch time every day....almost at much as I look forward to 5:00 pm (it is now a quarter after 5 as I type this) when I can go home and kick my feet up. Today, I will probably mow the lawn instead of relaxing, though. Bummer!



Until next time, 

Miss Ellaneous

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You and your pup are adorable!

Unknown said...

Thank you!