Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Miscellaneous

Sunday night, I got a flat tire. I'm pretty sure it happened after going up a gravel driveway that had been washed away in spots due to all this rain we've been having. My valve stem was torn, which allowed the air to escape my tire, while the tire itself was still perfectly fine.
Anyhow, today I went to Tire Discounters and got the tire repaired for free. I was pleasantly surprised that they offer free valve stem replacement for the lifetime of your tire if you buy four from them (which I did about a year ago). And to think I was gonna go to Walmart and pay $20-$25?! Which would still have been a cheap fix by the way. So far I have gotten lucky to only tear up my car in fairly minor ways haha


Since summer work has come to an end, I've been looking for small ways to make money until I land another job. One of my bright ideas was to sell green beans from our garden. My dad had way more beans than he cared to fool with, so I offered to take them off his hands. I picked 25 gallons of beans in approximately five hours. My plan was to sell them online. I had someone interested who asked me to pick all the beans and then call them back and tell them how many I had. When I called back, they said they had already bought some. Bummer. So we ended up taking them to the Amish auction instead. 

Tonight, I helped my parents put up corn. My job was to cut corn off the cob, which wasn't too difficult once I got the hang of it. I came close to cutting myself a couple times, but fortunately no trips to the ER were necessary. My mom took a picture of us cutting up the corn, but I don't have a copy of it to share with you quite yet.

P.S.   
I now have the blogger app on my iPad, so hopefully you will be seeing posts more often from me. I hated the hassle of dealing with my ancient laptop to post frequently before, but now I don't have that excuse. 


Until next time, 

-miss ellaneous 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The free version of the app does not allow me to publish the posts that I write...it only allows me to create them. Therefore, you may notice that this post is a little outdated.

Anonymous said...

That's strange. I've never used the app. I either go through my computer or use the website on my phone.

Unknown said...

You can always text or send a groupme message to one of us to post your draft for you!