Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Laundry Room Updates

As promised, here are the before and after photos of the laundry room makeover. I just wanted to put it out there that I am not trying to take full credit for the laundry room, as my sister did most of the work. Since the room is so tiny, we decided that it would be best if only one person was painting in the room at a time. Therefore, I was put on kitchen duty and was in charge of washing all of her dishes instead. Fun!

Anyways, I just wanted to share the transformation of the room with everyone since pictures of dirty dishes aren't all that exciting. Below are the before photos:

A close-up of cabinets before painting
As you can see, the color scheme wasn't all that bad in my opinion, but the wallpaper was outdated and peeling off in some spots. The red cabinets were painted by my brother-in-law and his sister when they were kids...that's why they aren't exactly professional quality. I wish my parents had let me paint on the furniture when I was little!

And now for the after photos. One of the photos shows the cabinets with only one coat of blue paint on them, which is why they don't look the best. I left before the second coat was put on, so I didn't get the best "after" photo.

It does look a little like a nursery, but I still think it's pretty. Also, the second hole above the knobs will be filled in once we can get a hold of some wood filler. They used to have handles, which is why there is a second hole there. 


Lastly, since I am random, I will leave you with a picture of a beautiful bug I found outside a couple days ago. I'm interested in figuring out what kind of insect it is, so if you know, feel free to leave a comment below.



Thanks for reading!

-Miss Ellaneous

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved seeing the before and after photos! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you!