Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Taking a Break

I don't know what to write about today but I feel like I should make a post. Captain Something Fun tells me to write about life. Thanks for that advice.

I left camp yesterday for a break this week. There isn't official camp on the grounds this week because it is Canoe Camp week where they campers take canoes out to an island and for-real camp for a week. That has never appealed to me to do. In the past I have stayed at camp to work the retreat that comes for the week but I felt like I needed a break from the kitchen this week. It was probably a wise choice since Friday night I went to bed early with a sore throat and a fever. I'm still a bit sick but I'm hoping a week of orange juice, some meds, and a plenty of sleep will kick it this time. I've been sick almost every two weeks this summer.

Captain Something Fun didn't know I was coming to visit this week. I showed up at Sheila's house at 5 yesterday and rang the doorbell. (I had told Sheila I was coming). No one answered. So I called Captain SF and told her to come to the door. She was super surprised to see me at her door. Then she was even more excited when I said I am staying all week.

I don't have many adventures planned for this week, but I do plan to relax and read. I think it's time to take a bit of summer break after working for two months straight.

No comments: