Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Amish Auctions & Fried Zucchini

Last week, I went to an Amish Auction. I have been to a few of them before, but this one was a bit different than the others. There was only one auctioneer and they were only selling produce and flowers. The ones I have been to in the past have been a lot bigger and had much more to choose from. However, this one was still pretty neat. They sold the onions by the box, and they were already peeled. See the picture below:


We are also growing some vegetables of our own in the garden. Here are some of the fresh zucchini that we had for supper last night: 


I sliced two zucchinis up, dipped them in beaten egg, and rolled them in cornmeal. To add flavor, I sprinkled salt and pepper on them, and fried them in a skillet on medium heat with canola oil. Here is what they look like when they are cooking: 


Once they get golden brown, they are ready to come out. I like to lay them on some paper towels just so some of the grease can drain off. I could eat these all day. They are delicious! 

-Miss Ellaneous


No comments: