Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Random Update

As The Farmer's Daughter told you, I spent a couple days at her house last week. I really enjoyed my visit there. There was a lot of beautiful scenery, hot weather, and yummy food. For a midday snack, we had yogurt mixed in with honey from her bees, and fresh raspberries and blueberries we had just picked. It was a very patriotic snack...and tasty too!

 I am amazed at how large their family's green thumb really is. Being there inspires me. After coming home, I immediately wanted to raise honey bees, start a compost pile, and plant an herb garden. In reality, I merely pulled the weeds up around our own unripe blueberry bushes and spread mulch around them. I also started mulching under the grape vines. TFD's blueberries were much more beautiful than ours, but unfortunately I don't have a picture of them.

Our blueberry bushes. We have 7 plants.
Our grapes are starting to ripen. I haven't tried to eat them, but I don't think that they would taste very good right now. I'm not sure which variety they are, but I do know that we have been giving them to a family friend in exchange for a couple bottles of the wine that he makes from them.
Also during my stay with TFD, I visited a restaurant called, "Buffalo Wings and Rings" in Bardstown.  I would compare it to Buffalo Wild Wings, which is a little closer to home for me. I enjoyed the decor...and the wings weren't that bad either!
I also tried my hand at making another craft project. My mom was upset that she didn't get a flower branch like the one I made for my sister, so I made her one. She loved it so much that she has it sitting in a vase above the mantle. I found the branch outside under a tree and hot glued paper roses to it. Like the majority of my craft projects, the inspiration for this project came from Pinterest. Here is the link to the tutorial that I used to learn how to make rolled paper roses: http://jonesdesigncompany.com/flowers/rolled-paper-flowers-tutorial/

Another random fact: I got a great deal on an aquarium at Goodwill today for $2.75. It came with Tetra Whisper air pump, water filter, underwater light, aquarium rocks, and a plant. According to Walmart's prices, I estimate that it is worth about $40 new, give or take. I had planned to put my goldfish named Carrot in there, but might get another fish since my Betta died and I have so much extra Betta food. I will be sure to keep you updated on what I decide to do with the aquarium. 


-Miss Ellaneous

No comments: