Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Day 16: Favorite Christmas Song

And, here we are again. Halfway through this month. Only 9 more days until Christmas. Can you believe it? My favorite song of the season is Ave Maria. It's such a beautiful piece of music. I've included a video and the English translation of the song (which is the Hail Mary prayer).


English translation 
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee;    blessed art thou amongst women,    and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God,    pray for us sinners now    and at the hour of our death. Amen
In light of this song, I decided to take a picture of the nativity at a nearby church to include as today's photo.


Finally, I wanted to mention a close second for my favorite Christmas song. This song has a more personal meaning to me because, growing up, my Nanny and Uncle would always play this song during our Christmas Day celebrations. It reminds me of simpler times and has a feel-good quality to it. The title is Country Christmas by Loretta Lynn.


Hope you all enjoy as much as I do!

Until tomorrow,

No comments: