Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Friday, December 18, 2015

Day 18: Stocking

Stockings were the challenge today. I don't have a stocking at home, and I don't think there are any at work. But I do have a different kind of stocking.

stock·ing
ˈstäkiNG/
noun
noun: stocking; plural noun: stockings
  1. a women's garment, typically made of translucent nylon or silk, that fits closely over the foot and is held up by garters or an elasticized strip at the upper thigh.
    synonyms:nylons, pantyhosetightsMore
    • short for Christmas stocking.
    • USarchaic
      a long sock worn by men.
    • a cylindrical bandage or other medical covering for the leg resembling a stocking, especially an elasticized support used in the treatment of disorders of the veins.
    • a white marking of the lower part of a horse's leg, extending as far as, or just beyond, the knee or hock.


Well I thought my stocking picture would count, but this just goes to prove that I'm not the walking dictionary. When I went to look up the definition in order to prove my picture would count, I found out it doesn't. So here's my picture of a long sock that I temporarily hung in my kitchen to take this picture. (I do own the kind of stocking described in the definition.)


Just focus on the super cute tea pots in the background. One of them I found at a yard sale and Miss Ellaneous just gave me the other one. My collection is up to four tea pots.



No comments: