Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Day 3: Christmas tree


Y'all, our tree is oldschool! My dad found it in my great-great aunt's basement unopened. It came from the Dollar Tree in the 1960s for a whooping two dollars. Look on Ebay and you'll find them going from around $120 now. It may not be a traditional tree but I love it! The tree skirt is also an older piece. I found it in my grandfather's attic a few years ago and had to have it. I guess I'm sentimental but I enjoy imagining the life and history of old objects, especially ones that come from family.

On another Christmas-related note, I wanted to share this outrageous version of Jingle Bells I discovered the other day. Barbara Streisand was almost certainly on some very powerful medications when she decided to release this. Enjoy?


No comments: