Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Ye Ask and Ye Shall Receive

BOOM! Yesterday's second annual Fourth of July Party was a hit. I was thankful that several of our friends were able to come our and enjoy the evening with us. Although I didn't take any pictures this year, so I can't post a photo of the goodness, I was asked to share the 3 Bean Hamburger Bake recipe that I prepared for the party. I was surprised at how many people complimented it and will definitely be making it again it the future since it went over so well.

Ingredients:
1 package bacon
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 can pork and beans (with juices)
1 can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)

Instructions:
In large skillet, cook bacon. Once all the bacon has been cooked, pour out the grease. You can rinse the skillet, however I didn't because I wanted a bit of the bacon flavor to be in the bean mix. Now, add the chopped onion and ground beef to the skillet. Cook until onions are transparent and beef is done. Drain the beef and onion. While that is cooking (or afterwards), combine sugars, dry mustard, and ketchup. Then, add beans. Finally, add beef and onions. Stir well. Pour into casserole dish. Lay bacon strips over top of bean mixture. Cover and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

Wah-la! There you have. Hopefully you'll get some more enjoyment out of this dish in the future.

Until next time,


No comments: