Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Monday, July 13, 2015

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Last Thursday, I injured my back. It had been hurting a little all week, but suddenly got a lot worse. I was in so much pain that I was unable to work, so I took the rest of the day off and went to the doctor. He concluded that I had strained a muscle in my lower back and recommended that I rest for a couple days and take some anti-inflammatory meds, as well as muscle relaxers. 

By Friday evening, I was feeling well enough to go out to dinner. Jeff took my sister and I to the Bluebird Cafe in Stanford, Ky. It was my second time eating there and their first. Everyone was pleased with their order and we will probably be back in the future. Jeff got a burger and my sister and I each ordered pasta. We also got their homemade chips as an appetizer. The kitchen is partially open, so it was neat to watch them prepare the food from fresh ingredients.
A beautiful rainbow on Friday.


On Saturday, I went fishing in our pond with Jeff and Matt. Below is the picture of the only fish I caught. 
After fishing, we went to Al's Bar in Lexington to listen to one of their friends' band play.



In other news: I have approximately two weeks of summer work left. This means that I am again on the search for a new job. I have applied to one job in particular that I am pretty excited about. It would be full-time and the pay is quite a bit more than what I am currently making. Plus, it has benefits and is related to my major. I should find out whether or not I got the job tomorrow.I will do my best to keep you all posted. Wish me luck!

-Miss Ellaneous


No comments: