Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Great Smoky Mountains

I took a lovely trip with the beau's family to Pigeon Forge this past weekend. We had such a good time! I thought I would share a couple of the highlights. Note: I know I share what I eat alot, but I find that food is something good to be shared. So let me start with some of our meals...

It's a tradition for his family to eat breakfast at a restaurant called The Log Cabin Pancake House. We ate there Sunday and Monday morning and it was delicious. And I love breakfast food in general, so I really enjoyed this restaurant.
Pancakes, bacon & eggs
On the way out we stopped at Bass Pro Shops which is one of Jason's favorite stores. If you've never been into Bass Pro Shops, it's a HUGE store. They have two floors, a restaurant and gigantic fish tanks with a large variety of exotic fish in them. They carry pretty much any hunting or fishing gear you could ever want as well as clothing and other things. I have to agree with the beau, it's a really cool store.
We ate lunch there and I got to try alligator! It also came with a 'gator sauce' (the green one pictured below) made from cream cheese, jalapeno jelly, and half & half. The whole lunch was yummy.
Chicken tenders, alligator tenders, slaw & sauces
The beau and I also went on a balloon ride. I'd never done this before and thought it was really neat! It didn't seem like it was going to be that high up at first, but once you got up there, it felt REALLY high. The view was really nice but we only got to stay at the very top for 3 minutes. So we snapped a few photos and enjoyed the view while we could!
Looking up at the balloon

View of Pigeon Forge at highest elevation of the balloon
Lastly, we went to some outlet stores while in Pigeon Forge. One of the items I got that I was particularly excited about and I think some of my friends already own, is a denim button-up shirt. I saw it at Old Navy and my beau treated me to it since I liked it so well. I'd already pinned some ideas on Pinterest of different ways to wear it and I thought I'd link it to you all too. Here is one link to another blog with several different ideas for a denim button-up and there are many more online. I'm ready to try some of them out!
What a great month June has been!

Until next time,
The Farmer's Daughter

No comments: