Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Scarf Organizer & half baked

I have been debating on what to write about on the blog this week and I decided to go ahead and write about various topics including a DIY and icecream. 

Ben & Jerry's half-baked. This ice cream is awesome, it has lots of large, yummy pieces of cookie dough and brownie batter and it combines chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Another plus, many ice cream brands include high-fructose corn syrup in their ice cream, but B & J's does not. Ben & Jerry's is also committed to non-GMO and free-trade. I'm just sayin', you should try it! 

Secondly, my latest organizational and craft project. I LOVE scarves. I've recently bought a couple of scarves and as my collection grows, I continue to want a new organizational method for storing them. I found this idea on pinterest and I thought it was worth sharing on here too. 

Supplies I used: 
  • hanger
  • shower curtain rings
  • electrical tape (other tape, ribbon or yarn could work too)
  • ribbon
All I did was attach the shower curtain rings to the hanger using the electrical tape. Then, since I used a plastic hanger that could potentially bend from the weight of the scarves (wooden would be sturdier), I reinforced the hanger with ribbon. The ribbon also made it look cuter. I considered wrapping the whole piece in ribbon or yarn to make it more attractive but I thought the scarves would cover up most of it, so it wouldn't really matter. Here's the finished product: 


And now it's hanging in my closet...It feels good to be organized!
Go make one of these and then enjoy some Ben & Jerry's as a reward! :) 

-The Farmer's Daughter

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a really neat idea. Now I just need to get more scarves!

Unknown said...

haha..We need to do some more shopping!