Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Friday, May 20, 2016

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Unhappiness.

Yesterday was fairly happy. It was sunny and I got to eat lunch at the Pinnacles. I was productive at work. I really don't think I have an unhappiness from yesterday. One unhappiness is the lack of posts on this photo challenge. C'mon friends!


My Favorite Word

I've known what word I would put on this post as soon as I saw this on the challenge.


This word is very fun sounding. I don't particularly like this definition because I've always seen this word with more of a positive connotation. I think of lackadaisical as a laid-back, care-free daisy chilling in the sunshine.

Another fun word that I learned in AP Language in high school is floccinaucinihilipilification. It is pronounced "floxi-noxi-neh-hila-pila-fa-cation". It is a noun to describe the act of declaring something worthless. Hehe. This word itself could be argued to be worthless. I might floccinaucinihilipilificate it. According to Google, this word is mostly used in books about words. Fun fact: I used this word on my AP Language exam, and I think I even spelled it correctly. I got a 5 out of 5 score.

Cheers!



No comments: