Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Catch-up

Sorry y'all. I've been super behind on my photos. Luckily only one final stands between me and my freedom. It's tomorrow morning. I'm pretty pumped to be almost done. My last summer of freedom from school! I'm going to take a short time off from work and go home, maybe get some substituting jobs. Then, I will be joining my fellow Twenty-Somethings on our annual camping trip at the end of the month. I don't really have any other big summer plans, just working and hopefully some fun, spontaneous trips locally. But, enough about my summer plans. I want to share some photos with you..

Mum:
I neglected to get a photo with my Mum on Mother's Day, or with her when she just came to visit (today and yesterday). So I'm sharing an old photo. She's the best...I could go on about how great she is, but most of you already know. haha
Mom, Aunt P & I in Hawaii..I wanna go back!
A Smile: 
I love smiles. Monday was a difficult day to smile though, I had two stressful exams back to back on Tuesday morning and I was studying for them all of Monday afternoon. But I took a selfie and smiled for this post. Also..one of my favorite authors recently posted a link to a short little story by Lee Smith. I read it, and it made me smile. I really enjoyed the intensive writing class in undergrad that I took which focused on reading and writing about Lee Smith's work, so reading this took me back to that class. It's called, Hillsborough writer Lee Smith explores her mother's recipe box (link is in the title). Plus, the short story include recipes, sentimentality and eating..all of which I enjoy. I hope you read it and smile too.
And...I'm sporting the shirt
Miss Ellaneous gave me..its comfy!
PJ's: Photo to be taken
Town I live in: I love this little town. It's cute, the people are so friendly and interesting, there are so many different ways to shop local (from food, to jewelry, to gifts (so many handmade items!)). When my Mom came to visit yesterday, we got to go to the Tuesday Farmer's Market. She bought some Clementine's bread (one loaf for me!) and we got to share a homemade pretzel and beer cheese. We also got a little Kentucky Colonel Spearmint plant that we're going to share. My herb collection is really growing! After getting all these goodies, we walked around Old Town. Today we visited Tater Knob, a studio and shop, in the valley of the mountains, where they make really neat ceramics. When we were there, the people were oh so friendly. They demonstrated for us, chatted away with us and even gave us mugs of coffee to drink while we watched her throw some bowls on the potter's wheel. It was great! Mom helped me purchase a beautiful Spoonbread/cake/anything ceramic baking dish. She owns one herself that my grandmother bought her from there; she loves her dish. It wasn't a cheap piece, but it is something I know I will treasure. Places like that little ceramic studio and the Farmer's Market are things that I adore about this town.
There was also this cat at Tater Knob which was picture worthy. I guess it really liked this dish and laid there often, because there was asign in front of the dish that read: "Kitty Cat isn't very friendly, so please don't pet"


2 comments:

Cathy said...

I would love to go on some adventures with you this summer.

Unknown said...

Let's do it!