Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Saturday, May 21, 2016

An incomplete opinion

I think some of my other twenty somethings will appreciate what I'm currently reading because they have read it before. It's called Saving Grace by Lee Smith. It tells the story of Grace Shepherd, daughter of a Holiness preacher. Without having finished it yet, I think it could be called a coming of age story, which is odd because I usually really enjoy those stories. This book is going slowly for me because I'm not motivated to open it. I think it's because I find the narrator's voice unappealing. There are certain aspects to like such as the lyrical writing and the sense of place. I'll withhold any more judgement until I finish it. I'm a little over halfway, so watch for my full opinion on my personal blog in a few days.

Cheers!

Granny Eyre

No comments: