Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Friday, May 13, 2016

The GG of Stars Hollow

A show I'm currently obsessed with? Easy peasy. Gilmore Girls. I'm not currently watching it, but I have seen the entire series straight through twice and I'm anxiously awaiting the reunion on Netflix. Now to answer a few of the shows most pertinent questions.

Rory's Man?


Rory and Marty. I kind of wish this one had been explored more thoroughly. He seemed decent except for the whole being naked on the floor thing. Although he might have just been a repeat of Dean. We'll never know though because Logan swept in.


Rory and Logan. I liked this coupling. He was smart and really cared about her. He did have a bit of temper but he always came back to apologize. He also was a bit clingy at times. He was the only one to propose, but I think I'm okay that Rory turned him down. He's the one I'd root for though in the reunion.


Rory and Jess. This was a fun pair, but it wasn't meant to be forever. Jess helped Rory grow into herself a little bit. He's also the only one who ever really got her reading side, but that's just as good in a friend. As a boyfriend though, he was kind of horrible; granted, he had his good moments. I hope they remain friends.



Rory and Dean. To be honest, Dean kind of annoyed me. In the fight between Dean and Jess, I was torn, though, because Dean was better for Rory stability wise. He was a high school thing though. I think she needs to steer clear of him in the reunion.

Lorelai's Man?

Lorelai and Christopher. This just needs to end. I know he's the father of her child, but even the child doesn't really want to have a relationship with him. He's arrogant and flighty. Don't bring him back except as the father of Rory. He just kept messing up the best relationship.

Lorelai and Luke. C'mon. This is the obvious choice. Yes, he's moody and not very good with communication, but he's great. He's stable and loyal. He gets her and won't ask her to move. The whole scenario where he married someone else was bizarre.

Lorelai and Max. This was good while it lasted, but it wasn't meant to last forever. They were headed different directions. Did anyone notice though that Lauren Graham Bell's character in Parenthood also dated a teacher and had relationship issues with her daughter's father?

Lorelei and Jason. Honestly, this one was just weird. I think it was all about getting on her parent's nerves.

Rory's Best Friend Who's Not Her Mom?

Honestly, this choice is difficult. I think the show itself leans more toward Paris after Rory goes to college. Lane sort of disappears except for some situations. I like each of them for different reasons, but for a long-lasting friendship, I think Paris will stick around longer. That's odd to say, but Lane has her own family now. Paris and Rory complement each other no matter how much they drive each other crazy. 



Ultimately, though, Lorelai will always be Rory's best friend.



Cheers!


No comments: