Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Days 21-24

Day 21...What I'm Reading. 
I am currently reading my second Blogging for Books book, Rooted. The cover and title attracted me; I love how the author uses plant analogies too. I actually just reviewed it on my other blog even though I'm not quite finished with it yet.
Day 22...Where you Stand
In the grass (during the summer), and most of the time..in my Chacos! I've had these sandals for about a year now and I wear them almost everywhere. I took the very literal version of "Where I Stand"

Day 23...12 o' Clock
I am currently working on painting a sewing cabinet. If you are like me you are probably wondering what a sewing cabinet is. I'm not even sure this is what they are commonly called, but this is what my mother calls them. It looks like a table, but you open it at the top of the table and can pull up a sewing machine to use at the table. But when you are not using it, it looks just like, and can be used like, any other small table. The backstory is...my mom recently told me that a sweet lady from church (who loves going to auctions and often gets extra things she doesn't need) was going to give me a sewing machine because she had recently acquired three. Mom was at one of her favorite local thrift stores and saw a sewing machine cabinet there. They were only asking $15 for it, so she got it for me for my future machine. Turns out there is already a sewing machine inside this cabinet..a bonus! The cabinet wasn't very attractive so I decided to paint it with some pretty yellow paint my parents had. At 12 o' clock, I was in the garage, about to start putting on the first coat of paint. So..now I just have to learn more about using my new sewing machine.
This is how it looks when you aren't using the sewing machine
Day 24...Weather
The weather this week has been absolutely great! And 10 times better than what they predicted. I'm still crossing my fingers that it doesn't actually rain tomorrow for the camping trip! 
Poppies on the farm

No comments: