Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Consuming & Preparing

New beginnings... that's what they say about the new year. So far, I have spent the new year preparing. I spent New Year's Day preparing freezer meals. Friday, the hubs and I spent most of the morning cleaning. I took on cleaning out the hubs' bathroom so it will be ready for her to occupy when she arrives this Saturday. Now, we're sharing bathrooms again. I see a bit of bickering in my future. Then, Saturday I began preparing her room and shopped for items to prepare for my family's arrival. They're more than likely coming up Saturday and staying over to visit and help with the move.

Yesterday, the hubs and I went to S-ville to get his '66 Ford LTD. He's been wanting to get it up here for awhile so he can take better care of it.

Photo credit: the hubs


This morning, we're preparing to sell my Cavalier. We have someone meeting us in Lexington to look at it. We're ready to get it sold. I'll be sad to see it go because it has taken me many places where I've learned many things and made many memories. Hopefully its new owner will treat it just as well and get as much out of it as I have.

The rest of this week, I plan to get ready for my family's arrival by getting the townplex spic and span. I have a fairly lengthy to do list to complete before Saturday. In addition, I am getting prepared to head back to school in two weeks. I have books to buy and a schedule to transpose. I am also going to help Kat get her schedule and fin aid figured out. What a joy.

Anyways, in other news, here are a few things I've been consuming over the break:
Yes Please by Amy Poehler*
If you've watched the movie Mean Girls, you're familiar with Amy Poehler's work. She first became a hit on SNL. She a well-known comedian that I first got acquainted with through occasionally watching an episode of Parks and Recreation with the hubs. I thought she did an excellent job in the series and wanted to see more of her work. Then, when I found out about this book, I immediately added it to my Christmas list. Thanks Grandma! So far, I like it. However, it is clear that writing isn't her expertise (which she mentions several times in the beginning of the book). I like a bit of comic relief and this book is doing it for me.

My precious*
Gosh, this has to be one of my all time favorite cereals (although I feel like I say that about everyone). The main reason is this cereal is delicious with milk or dry. I don't feel the same about most of the cereals. Why have I consumed so much of it over the break? My mother got me and the hubs one. So far, the hubs hasn't eaten any and I've almost finished his box. Oops!

Criminal Minds*
Criminal Minds was added Netflix a few weeks ago and the hubs and I just love it. Normally, I don't really get into series to much. I'll watch an episode then miss two or three while he's going through one. This one, however, I enjoy enough that I've been watching without him. The group you see in the picture above are the main characters in season one. They are the B.A.U. (Behavioral Analysis Unit) of the FBI. They profile criminals in order to help locate them. Blacklist is another good series the hubs and I have watched on Netflix over the break.

Podcast by Sarah Koenig and Julie Synder*
A friend recently recommended this podcast to me. I downloaded it before we left for S-ville yesterday. It came in handy on the trip back because I was by myself. I listened to the first four episodes. Very interesting detailed look inside of one case that happened about fifteen years ago that is revisited by a journalist, Sarah Koenig. It's about a young girl who gets murdered in high school. Her ex-boyfriend is arrested and eventually found guilty of the crime. He is in prison to this day. Delving deeper into the case, Sarah raises a lot of questions about the findings.

If you get a chance, I recommend all four of these things (especially Serial and Criminal Minds)!

Until next time,

*I obtained each of these photos from a quick Google search. They're definitely not mine.

No comments: