Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Thursday, January 22, 2015

School, and Work!

I haven't made a post in a while which is not out of character for me but it gives me an excuse to tell you all about my many adventures. So it is now almost the end of week three in my final term as an under grad (SWEET!) only fourteen more weeks to go! It has been a very busy three weeks to say the least. The biggest change for me is in my job. I have worked with three year olds and one year olds a lot but very limited experience with two year olds. Now I am in the classroom full time working with a bunch of cute looking two year olds and one, twenty month old. It has been a daring adventure so far. It seems at first glance that there is no structure to their lives at school but after a couple days I think I figured it out. Two year olds have very short attention spans, except when it comes to bubbles, so they are always running from one center to the next and back and forth. It is hard to keep up. It is so much fun though listening  to them talk and play with each other. I really like how they are almost always willing to help with jobs like picking up toys and especially running the vacuum cleaner. There is one child in particular every evening who wants to help me clean the rugs and is always telling their parents how they are being helpers. I thought that it would be really hard adjusting to the new classroom teacher but it turns out that it was not that big of a deal as I originally thought it would be. The lead teacher is super nice and very willing so it has turned out very well so far.
On a different but similar note, it has been quiet an adjustment going from always having had a roommate to not having a roommate. I find myself talking out loud a lot more than usual and I am not as neat as I would be if there was some one else living in my room too. Meal times are the hardest for me because all of you have graduated and it gets kind of lonely sitting by yourself when there are hundreds of people around.
A cool story from last night during my AWANA class I got to explain to a child who Adam and Eve and how God made him, and everyone else here. It was very heart warming for me because it has only been three years ago when I was in the little boys place asking the same questions. I have hope that God will help him go far.
As far as classes go I am in five but they aren't super difficult this semester I am trying this new thing out called actually reading for class and doing my homework. So far I think it is working out for me. By far my favorite class is play throughout the lifespan. It is a fun class and very interesting topic to learn more about.

No comments: