Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Monday, January 26, 2015

Where's the popcorn?

Per a request from The Farmer's Daughter, I will share my list of shows & movies that I have been watching on Netflix. Just a warning...the majority of the shows on this list made me cry, so you might want to have a tissue handy if you are anywhere near as emotional as me! Haha!
  • Parenthood. Although I just started watching this show (I'm still in the first season), I really enjoy it so far. The main reason I like this show is because it seems realistic. Life isn't always easy and things don't always go the way that they are planned, but it still has its good (and sometimes funny) moments. 

  • Short Term 12. (Rated 4.4/5 on Rotten Tomatoes). This movie takes place at a residential treatment facility for troubled teens. I was immediately sucked into the the lives of the main character Grace and her boyfriend, Mason, who are both supervisors at the facility. Neither one of them had a perfect childhood, and yet (or quite possibly because of this), they do a great job of taking care of the teens. I like this movie for the same reason I like Parenthood...because it shows that life isn't always perfect and that you can rise up from whatever problems might be facing you as long as you have determination and a little support along the way. 
  • Camp Takota. (Rated 3.8/5 on Rotten Tomatoes). I liked this movie because it reminded me of my week spent as a counselor at 4-H camp. I know a couple of the Twenty Somethings have either went to camp before or been a counselor themselves, so I think they might enjoy this comedy about a camp counselor who didn't really want to be at camp, but found it to be life-changing in the end. 
  • Camp (2013). This movie is similar to Camp Takota in that it takes place at a camp, and the camp counselor also didn't want to be at camp, but also found his experience to be life-changing.  It is also a little like Short Term 12, because this camp is for children with troubled pasts. I definitely cried, not gonna lie. 
Another thing these movies have in common is that they all have attractive actors in them that I had never heard of before. Of course, your tastes may be different than mine...it's clear that I like the tall, dark types..and a little scruff never hurt anybody!
Top left: John Gallager Jr., Short Term 12, Top right: Chester See, Camp Takota,
Bottom left: Chris Riedell, Camp Takota, and Bottom right: Michael Mattera, Camp. 
That's all for now, folks.
 
-Miss Ellaneous 

No comments: