Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Tired Puppy

I've been working my two jobs for almost a week now. It's only Wednesday but I'm exhausted. Thankfully I only have 3 hours at the school tomorrow. My week is front-loaded with all of the busyness. On Mondays I get to school at 8 am (which involves leaving the house at 7:15 because of morning traffic). I tutor for three hours. Right now my tutoring is not very defined because the teachers haven't put me into groups yet. The best part of the time is when I take my 4th graders to the library for guided reading. There are only four of them, and they all have such varying personalities. Today somehow while talking about dinosaurs we ended  up discussing when a mother goes from protective to overprotective. After tutoring, I chill out on campus or somewhere in town until 4:30 when I have to be at the BCM building for leadership training and regular Bible study. I don't leave town until 8:15 or so and then it's the 30 minutes home and to bed for me.

Tuesdays are longer because I tutor in the mornings, man a prayer table on campus for 3 hours and then lead a Bible study at 8 pm. It leaves me about five hours in the afternoon to chill on campus which gets tiring. I don't want to drive back to the house because I don't have the money to spend on that much gas. My poor little Roxie is getting a lot of miles on her. I'm happy to say though that she hasn't had any problems since her alternator was replaced over Christmas break. Let's hope she stays that way.

I'm enjoying my jobs but I think I'm going to be one tired puppy every Wednesday. Hopefully soon I'll have some kid stories to share.

In other news, a deer died in between my house and the neighbor's house. I'm really unsure what caused it to die there, but I woke up one morning and there it was...antlers and all. After much internal debate, I decided to leave it alone and not bother the neighbor. A few days later I was sitting in my quiet living room when I heard gun shots close by. Looking out the window, I saw three guys shooting this frozen deer and then dragging it to the woods behind the house. I think that was the neighbor. Sure hope so. Needless to say, I turned on the alarm system and made sure the doors were locked just in case. Better safe than sorry I suppose.

Well there's a bit of an update.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why would someone want to shoot a dead deer? Doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Anyways, I am happy that you are staying busy with things that seem to be fulfilling to you. Though you may come home dog tired at the end of the day,It seems worth it. I'm sure you are making a big difference for those kids as well. Keep up the good work!