Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Fireflies and Lighting Bugs

Today's challenge is something that starts with F. Here is a firefly on a book by Eric Carle.


At work, I've been reading books and putting questions and vocabulary in the front for the tutors to use during their sessions. There are over a 1000 books in the room I believe. Some of the books were finished this past summer, but I've been getting through about 10-12 a day in between other meetings and projects. I think I've gotten through the majority of three grade levels. Mainly I have little bitty picture books and chapter books left to complete. 

So there's my F word, although I generally call them lighting bugs. I used to catch them and keep them in jars during the summer. They rarely lasted the night in a jar, though. Sometimes I crushed their butts onto my hands so I could glow. That wasn't very nice of me.

As an aside, this challenge reminds me a quote that my high school math teacher said:

"If you want an F reduction, you need another F word: effort."

Cheers!



No comments: