Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Friday, May 6, 2016

Seasons

The season outside is definitely spring. For a while, it felt kind of like summer and before that, it seemed that winter would never end; now, though, it is definitely spring. While summer is my favorite season because of the warmth, I think there are things to appreciate about every season. Winter brings beautiful snow, spring shares its beauty, summer sings sunshine, and fall displays all the colors. There is a time for every season.





















The word season has other meaning to me, though. It brings to mind a familiar set of verses in Ecclesiastes 3.


This past year, I have been in a season of waiting and building and embracing. I have been waiting on a teaching job, building my faith and knowledge, and embracing life and the people in it. For the past four years I have been planting seeds here in Berea. I've spent some times laughing and some times weeping. There have been times to mourn and times to dance

Very soon though it will be a time to uproot, gather, and let go. I will be moving into a new season of my life at Oneida as a teacher. Just like spring is not better than winter, Oneida will bring new experiences that will build upon my time in Berea. 


Cheers!



No comments: