Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Brief Update: Yard Sales & Job Opportunities

I haven't posted anything in a week or so, I thought I would briefly update everyone on what I have been up to. Last Saturday, we had a huge family yard sale in Berea. Martha S. was there to help us out, and she sold some of her unneeded items as well. I would say that we had a pretty good turnout. However, I don't think that I will be wanting to have another yard sale anytime soon. It's way more work than I remember it being.

Since the yard sale, I have been trying to help my mom finish cleaning the house. She had originally wanted to go through everything before the yard sale, but we ran out of time. Our house was beginning to look like an episode of hoarders, since my mom and I want to hold onto everything in hopes that it can be used for something someday, or that one day it will become valuable. However, we have finally decided to start letting things go. I wanted to get rid of the boxes of beanie babies in the attic, but my mom hasn't let me part with those yet. I have also done a little bit of crafting with my friend Jasmine (she made a wind-chime out of bottle caps while I made a felt bird ornament and some more paper flowers), and went swimming at my sister's house. Tanner and I went to the Somersplash water-park in Somerset not too long ago and had a blast. 

I went to a job interview yesterday in Richmond that I am pretty excited about. Although it wasn't the specific job that I applied for, I still think that I would really enjoy it. Until a couple days ago, I had never thought about being a preschool teacher, since I haven't been around children as much as Captain Something Fun or a few other people I know. I love kids, but do not have as much experience with them as you would think someone with a degree in Child & Family Studies would have. However, you have to start somewhere and I believe that this would be a great opportunity for me. 

All of that being said, I have not yet been offered the job and will not know the outcome of my interview until next week, so I am trying not to get my hopes high just yet. I have had a few other job possibilities, but nothing else has really appealed to me as much as this one since I do not want to move too far away from this part of Kentucky. I love travelling, but I don't think that I would be able to live more than an hour or so away from my family and friends. 

I apologize for not having any pretty pictures for you to look at this week. Maybe I will take some pictures of the fireworks that I am looking forward to seeing this weekend. I hope everyone has FUN and stays SAFE for the holiday weekend! 

Until next time, 

-Miss Ellaneous

No comments: