Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Thursday, July 3, 2014

DIY Necklace & the Rock Quarry

Here goes with an update on some activities I've been getting into: 

Tennessee... I went to visit brother in Tennessee last Thursday through Saturday. Originally we were planning on going to a place called The Beach and some natural waterfalls in Tn. We changed our plans, though, when we heard it was supposed to rain. Instead, we went somewhere closer to their home (in case it started raining). It was a beautiful rock quarry.
The water was a beautiful greenish blue looking down at it and it was very clear and cool in the water. Poppy, my niece, really enjoyed the water once she got used to it. Most of my family loves water..I am pretty sure she will too!
Poppy gets cuter & more independent every day! 
Crafting.. I was attempting to weed out some of the jewelry I don't ever wear and I found a long necklace chain without any charm on it. It reminded me of a necklace I had been wanting to make but I thought I didn't have all the materials for. (Of course this craft was found on Pinterest.)
What I used for to make this necklace: 
Jewelry (small) pliers, scissors, paint chips, necklace chain & a needle
What I ended up doing with the necklace chain I found was shortening the chain and using the links in the excess chain to attach the paint chips cut into triangles. Otherwise, I followed the directions of this blogger: Sincerely, Kinsey I was quite pleased with the final product! :) 

Stay Crafty! 
The Farmer's Daughter

No comments: