Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Friday, July 4, 2014

Everything is awesome!

So what have I been doing during this week of relaxation? Reading, watching Sherlock, going to funerals, blowing my nose, eating, and other unmentionable things. Nothing much to blog about.

Yesterday was exciting though. I went to Cincinnati to hang out with Brandon, which was exciting in itself considering we haven't seen each other since we left for the summer in May. He was a wee bit late, which I expected so I had some time to read a bit more. We started the day in a park, where we intended to hike, but ended up sitting quite a bit as well. I don't know what was going on with this park, but we kept finding all the dead ends to the trails.

After a picnic lunch and some more hiking, we gathered up our sense of adventure and went back into the city with plans to watch the Lego movie. We were a bit early so we decided to check out this really fun store called Jungle Jims, which turned out to be a really big international grocery store. I think Martha S. would really like this store. The Lego movie was surprisingly good. At first, I was like, "really? he likes this? oh my, well at least we're together" but then it started making some funny jokes. The story line redeemed itself towards the end when it pulled together in this really happy moral about letting your imagination be free and learning to play. I won't ruin the ending altogether in case you still want to see it. It's not a movie I would buy to watch over and again, but it was a cute movie, even with that song that gets stuck in my head. Everything is awesome....stop!

After the movie, Brandon was out of plans so I suggested Sonic for a drink since I was really thirsty. Neither of us wanted to leave so Brandon decided to drive around to try to find some Go-Kart place he had seen on Google Maps. By the way, he had thoroughly explored the area via Google maps before coming so that he knew where he was going. Turns out the maps haven't been updated because the road where he remembered the Go-Karts ended in yet another dead end. It was really all a trail though to get us back to the mall, where we stumbled across a really awesome blacklight mini-golf course. We didn't keep score, which was probably for the best since we weren't very good and sometimes we cheated. It was fun to just be silly.

After dinner in the food court it was time for the day to end. All in all, it was a very happy day.

Today, I'm going to have some adventures with my best friend and then (eek!) see all of my friends for a fourth of July cookout. Everything is awesome!

-Granny Eyre

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Miss Elaneous and I went to Jungle Jim's when we went to Ohio last summer. We loved it!