Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Bit of Freedom

I just returned home from camp yesterday afternoon. This past week I was working a retreat so I spent all my time in the kitchen, cooking and cleaning and more cleaning. It wasn't unusual for me to be in the kitchen from 6:30 (or earlier some days) until 2:30 with no break and then to come back at 4:45 to set up for dinner. They were long days but I knew there were only three days like that so I just pushed through them while reminding myself that I would be home soon where I could sleep until 9 if I desired (which I did today). I learned and copied down some camp recipes that I hope to try during these next two weeks.

My list of things to do during my two weeks of freedom is extensive. I want to clean and sort my room, clean my car inside and out, fix some things on my car, make food, read books, watch movies, spend time with Jesus, and some other smaller projects. I probably will fizzle out and end up on the couch watching movies and reading after a few days but right now I am in 'full steam ahead' mode.

On the drive home yesterday, I was making a mental list of things I would like to accomplish during my free time and this idea kept wiggling around in my head. I have had this idea before and a couple people have mentioned it to me. It's a scary idea and I'm not even sure where I would begin. The basis of it is that I have been keeping my other blog for about three years now. I have my favorite posts saved to my computer and I wonder if I could somehow revise them into a book form. What do you think? Am I crazy?

Well I need to go update my other blog with a post about why camp is magical.

Adios for now,
Granny Eyre

No comments: