Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Monday, July 7, 2014

What a Weekend!?

This is what I call a weekend! 
Martha S.'s decorations & my Ale81
What an awesome three-day weekend! As Captain Something Fun & Granny Eyre have mentioned, most of the group attended a party at Martha S.'s house on Friday. Martha S. decorated and hosted us in some very cute ways--she's true to her namesake. Everyone brought some scrumptious food, too. I enjoyed every bite! Jason and I brought a cookie cake decorated as a flag. In case anyone is interested, you can find the recipe here. I was pretty proud of how it looked so I thought I should share our photo of it:
Granny Eyre and I even made matching necklaces at the party!

Saturday was also very fun! Jason and I went fishing in a creek. It was like nothing I'd ever experienced. First of all the creek was deep, I guess I'm used to shallow creeks. We wore old clothes (including tennis shoes!) and waded into the creek. When we got out deep enough we started the fishing. We would fish for a while in one spot and then we walk down the creek a little farther. Unfortunately I didn't catch anything but sticks and leaves, but Jason caught several small-mouth bass, a sun-fish and some others. I did get my exercise in though, because we waded a long way down the creek and then had to walk/wade back (probably about a mile total). The water got up to our necks at points; it was really cool water too. A very interesting experience, indeed. Hopefully I'll catch something next time I go! 

Saturday evening Jason and I went out on Herrington Lake to swim and watch fireworks. Apparently the lake puts on a fireworks show every year--WOW. The lake was packed with boats and I can see why. We didn't have the most ideal position on the water for the whole show, but by the end we were in a good position to see most of them. I was in awe of the experience. I can't wait to see it again next year! 
Our view from the boat as the sun was setting.

Sunday was nice too. Some exciting news from the day...Jason bought his first calf from my dad! We are still deciding on her name, any suggestions? 

Too bad weekends only come around once a week! 
The Farmer's Daughter

No comments: