Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sitting in a coffee shop...

Starbucks, to be exact. Drinking a nonfat grande caramel macchiato. I've been a lousy blogger the past week or two because, well, I haven't written. Several exciting blog ideas came to mind and that's all they did. I suppose they're still floating around in my prefrontal cortex somewhere.

I've done entertaining things like host our Because We Beat the British Fourth of July Party, visit the arboretum in Lexington, fish at Miss Ellaneous' pond, watch LOTS of movies (I've definitely improved my repertoire this summer!), purchase more outdoor furniture and cook some scrumptious recipes!

I've also done my fair share of laborious activities including cleaning up after cooking and eating all those recipes, cleaning, maintain my top 5 status on Master of Words, bills, laundry, groceries, and being a socialite.

Interesting things? Had those happen too. My transportation device is on the fast track to no longer transporting. My A/C has been extremely fussy. We found an exhaust leak at the beginning of this week. My muffler is not appropriately attached. I need a new serpentine belt and the wheel bearing is going bad. But, the lassy hasn't let me down yet. Still running like a dream. Just a very faint one. And I may have concussed my head today. Horseplaying with the hubs, he lifted me up on the count of three and we just happened to be under the doorway. Let's just say it's the hardest my head has been hit that I can recall. I sobbed like a child for a few moments. Felt in a blur for a few more. But feel much better now and am thankful it wasn't worse.

Now that you've had a very brief verbal update, I'll showcase a very small pictorial update. I've been lousy at self-documenting too. Oops.

* Party decor and s'mores *


Long time, no selfie.

Started the curly girl method. Very pleased with the results so far. More in detail post later.
BTW, never do this selfie pose. I despise it.
Arboretum / Lexington, KY

Arboretum / Lexington, KY
Now, I can frequent the front porch and be comfortable!

Lastly, in attempts to hold myself more accountable, I am posting it here and now that I will post at least twice in the coming week. Send me black mail if I fail to follow through.

In the meantime, be spontaneous, eat well, take action.

Signing off,

No comments: