Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Music

I love music! I wouldn’t call myself a fanatic or anything like that. As I am sitting here alone in my room twisted sisters “We’re Not Going to Take It” is playing on my youtube channel. With technology it is so easy to access music from decades ago and pull it up within seconds without even paying a dime to hear it. I love it! I have gained an appreciation for music in my twenty something years of existence. I do not have a favorite genre. Depending on what type of mood I am in determine what is playing in the background. My best friend tells me she can tell what type of mood I am in based on what is playing through my speakers. I would say that most of the time she is pretty accurate too. For example if I am in an upbeat get up and go do something type of mood, you will hear anything from The Beatles to John Mellencamp to Taio Cruz, Fun, and T. Swift blaring through my speakers. If I am in a reminiscent mood, you will hear a lot of 90’s and early 2000’s music playing through like music from The Goo Goo Dolls, Bon Jovi, REM, Shaina Twain, Backstreet Boys, Destiny’s Child, and Matchbox Twenty just to name a few. I don’t know how to describe the feeling for this next category. When it hits me I just call it my 80’s feeling. A lot of Cher, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, Twisted Sisters, and Queen plays during those times. When I am down or stuck in a funk I play a lot of what my best friend likes to call “teenage angst” songs. You will typically hear a lot of Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, and Matchbox Twenty. For the final mood category I will mention in this post, I am dedicating it to my favorite female artist. I guess you can call this my girl power music. T. Swift, Avril Lavigne, Pink, Shaina Twain, Kelly Clarkson, Alanis Morissette, Carrie Underwood, and Martina McBride play through during these times.
I would now like to make a list of songs that fit with specific moods you may be feeling. So here it goes
1. Happy- “Happy” by  pharrell williams
2. Falling in Love- “I’ll Be” by Edwin McCain, “I want it That Away” by Backstreet Boys, “Jack and Diane” John Mellencamp, “Call Me Maybe” Carly Rae Jepsen
3. Hopeful- “There Will Be a Day” Jeremy Camp, “I Won’t Give Up” Jason Mraz, “Livin on a Prayer” Bon Jovi, “Better Days” Goo Goo Dolls, “Get Back Up” Toby Mac. “Carry On” Fun,
4. Lazy- “The Lazy Song” Bruno Mars
5. Go Getter- “Do Something” Matthew West, “Run This Town” Jay Z, “I want To Ride My Bicycle” Queen,
6. Winning/On Top of the World- “We Are The Champions” Queen, “Some Nights” Fun
7. Regretful/Guilty- “6 Degrees of Separation” The Script, “How To Save A Life” The Fray, “Apologize” One Republic
8. Heart Broke- “Breakeven” The Script, “We are Never Getting Back Together” Any T. Swift song (legit if you are a girl especially), “Skyscraper” Demi Lovato, “ Just A Dream” Carrie Underwood “Just a Dream” Nelly
9. Tired- “Asleep” The Smiths, “Worn” Tenth Avenue North, “Busted Heart” For King and Country, “I’m So Tired” The Beatles
10. Confused- “Complicated” Avril Lavigne, “Untitled” Simple Plan, “Slide” Goo Goo Dolls, “Story Of My Life” Bon Jovi
For tonight this will be the end of my post. I hope you like it. If you have any suggestions or songs that think should be added write it down as a comment and I will check into it. Signing off until next time,
Captain Fun Something. Peace be with you all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this post :)