Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Convivial

Here's to hoping the interweb doesn't crash on me before I get this written. I have not posted in a while, I apologize for that. It is not from lack of ideas, I seem to have plenty of ideas, I just don't know how to finish them. I have a folder full of unfinished post on my desktop.
Today was convivial! I just googled synonyms for enjoyable and that word seemed most fitting. It started out as just an average Thursday. I got out of bed at 8:38 and made it to work by 8:52. I typed sign in sheets for the classrooms to get ready for the fall semester and then I went to my older kid classroom to help with naptime duties, all part of a normal days work. I even went to lunch at my usual 1:36 time. Enough about the mundane part of my day. When I got back to work just in time for snack time the kids came up to me and said guess what Miss Amanda we are gonna get ice cream. Oh my goodness, I was excited almost as much as the kids were. It wasn't the ice cream itself that I was excited about. It had more to do with the fact I was getting to go on another great adventure with my little friends. About thirty minutes later, little flutes in hand out marched 8 little three and four year olds along with myself and the two lead teachers. The ice cream shop was only about a ten minute walk for us but it was convivial! I am surely going to miss these impromptu field trips and outings my class takes. I am truly blessed to be able to work with such great children and two very willing and able teachers. It does sadden me a little bit because when I mention these spontaneous outings to other labor students they tell me that they wish their teachers would do things that my class does but they are unwilling to step up and do different things with the children. Nobodies perfect, I know that, I just wish that some people would just take the initiative to get up and do stuff at least for the children s sake.
Tomorrow is my last day with this particular group of children. Never again with these same exact children be in the same classroom together and that is a bit sad. I have been with some of those kids since before they were two years old and watching them grow up and move on is hard but also rewarding experience to watch. I wish there wasn't strict rules or I would take a group picture of my kids for yall to see them but unfortunately no can do. Well I am getting sad thinking about children transitioning and moving on so I better stop now.
Signing Off,
Captain Something Fun

No comments: