Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

What I have learned from an 18 month old

I've spent this past long weekend with the cutest little girl I know (my niece Poppy) along with my family and Jason. Poppy's parents dropped her off on Thursday evening and she stayed through Sunday. I thought a list might be an appropriate way to sum up some of the things I learned about her this weekend.

1. It is appropriate to point for what you want and say "tsss"...you'll probably win the adult over with your smile anyway and they'll give it to you. Words aren't really necessary
2. I am known as "Caa". She's working on the other letters in my name too, she's just not there yet.
3. Her smile is almost the cutest thing I've ever seen.
4. Sugary foods really are the best things to eat. 
5. It's okay to run around outside with nothing but a hat on (Just kidding..this is only appropriate if you're a baby) 
6. Babies are fast; turn your head and they're gone. 
7. She is extremely well behaved at church. The loudest noises she made was to giggle. 
8. It's okay to be very messy when you're eating.
9. It's also okay to eat with your hands
10. Washing hands ("washa washa") and brushing your teeth are both very exciting. 
11. Naps can be and should be about 2 hours long. 
12. There's really nothing cuter than a baby when she's very excited to see you.
13. I can't say "no" to picking her up. She's really cuddly.
14. Diapers are messy.
15. Leave the bathroom door closed. There's too much to get into in there.
16. It's really sweet watching a certain man hold and play with said baby. Jason... :) 
17. Blueberries are awesome and should be eaten right after they are picked. She's gotta have a hollow leg (holding blueberries..and crackers and pretzels). 
18. I love my niece. 




No comments: