Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Monday, July 7, 2014

Finally!

Today was a very exciting day for me in more ways than one. But the best thing that happened was this morning. In my line of work it is really easy to become attached to the little children I work with on a daily basis. So when a toddler just happens to hit a big milestone in their short live I get really excited. I need to back up a few months to the month of February. I had been working in the 1 year old classroom for about a month when a new little friend transitioned over to my room. (Transitioned means he had the cognitive and physical developments appropriate for him to be able to move up, i.e. he could crawl well, and eat table food among other things.) When the new friend arrived he was not yet one years old so he still had to sleep in a crib unlike his other one year old friends. Also among the group of then seven friends only four of them could walk so the new comer was not alone. A month later on his birthday however my new friend was still not walking and all my other little friends were leaving him in the dust so to speak. These past few months have been somewhat of a struggle trying to get the little guy to just take some steps. He has definitely become comfortable pulling himself up and standing there still but he would not walk. I was personally beginning to get worried that the teenie little babies from the smaller room were going to catch up with my little friend on the walking. Today however my worries vanished. I came into visit my little friends in their classroom and the little boy I've been talking about he walked to me! Exciting! Oh my goodness! And then to make the moment even better, one of the little girls who is about a month older than he goes up to him and holds his hand as they start walking. It was so sweet. I just wanted to grab them both up and give them hugs but I didn't. I did hear though from the teacher grapevine that they were able to catch the little guy on video walking and they were able to show his daddy, who was very excited!

In other exciting news I am finally finished with my summer class!! Now just six more credits and I can graduate. It is a strange feeling though. I thought I would feel better when this class got over but yet I still find myself sitting here wondering what in the world I am suppose to be doing. Maybe this will get easier as the summer goes on.
Signing off for now,
Captain Something Fun

No comments: