Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Thursday, July 31, 2014

I've accomplished almost every thing on my list of things to do while I'm at home, except the fact that I can always read more and spend more time with Jesus. I'm currently reading The Castle by Franz Kafka. It is true Kafka style. Even though it wasn't supposed to be published (he told his friend in his will to burn the manuscript), it's intriguing. It's about a surveyor who is summoned to a castle but once he gets there the count won't see him and the peasants think he doesn't belong. The entire book so far has been about his struggle to meet with the count, whose name is Klamm. This guy is a true clan because no one ever sees him, not even the castle officials. And did I mention the main character simply goes by K.? He never gets another name. I almost quit reading it because it is a slow read but now that I'm over halfway through I'm want to finish it.

In addition to cleaning and organizing, I have been cooking some as well. When I left call I copied down some recipes with the intention of making them while I'm here. The problem is that the recipes are intended for large groups so I have to cut them. Here's what I started with when I made bread:

Well no pictures because I'm having terrible trouble getting pictures to come off my phone onto anything else.

In summary, I've made bread from scratch, meatloaf (this is not a camp recipe but my own recipe) from deer meat, mashed potatoes (with sour cream), and extra good no bake cookies.

It turns out that I will be at Model next semester for at least part of the semester. My cooperating teacher is leaving October 14 but hopefully the teacher they hire to replace her will have enough experience that I can stay there and finish the semester with those students. It's going to be an interesting, challenging, and exciting semester.

I wonder if there is an app for blogging from my phone. It's strange to do this on the phone.

Granny Eyre

1 comment:

Megan F. said...

We need to meet weekly or bi-weekly for lunch if you're able to! Since we'll be so close and all... :D