Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Nine Things I Just Can't Handle

According to our discussion while on our camping trip, our lives have become mundane and adult so we don't feel that we have enough to share or enough time to come up with something creative. I get that, so I went to our generation's best friend, Google and asked for "blog post ideas." I found some useful sites, which I'll post down below, but the one I want to take a tag from is found here.

The Prompt: 9 things you just can’t handle


1. Rancid Shortening. Once my mom made some molasses cookies (yum) and she thought they tasted a bit off but wasn't sure. She brought one in to my room and asked me to taste it. Thinking the house smelled a bit funny, I obliged and took a taste. Immediately I tossed that cookie (not figuratively, I just spit it out). Rancid shortening. I could tell by the smell in the house that something was rotten, but apparently I didn't develop that smell sense from my mother. 

2. Crickets, specifically those big brown cave crickets. It gives me chills to just think about those monsters. They used to live in our bathroom. They're ugly and unpredictable. Their babies aren't any cuter, especially when you're sitting on the royal throne. 

3. Fishing. It's boring and totally not worth the wait because then you have to skin and cook the fish. 

4. Whiny country music. I will admit that some country is catchy, but that's more of the pop country. I'm talking about the country where someone's dog died or their girlfriend cheated with her brother. 

5. Ticks. This should really be higher up the list. Too often I have heard of people getting majorly sick from these blood suckers. Once Captain Something Fun, my little brother, and I went hiking around where I grew up. We might have gone off the trail just a lot of bit. Bad idea. When we got back in the car, I looked down and noticed a bunch of little deer ticks crawling up my pants. Thankfully we were all wearing tennis shoes and pants, but we also had a thirty minute drive home. We stopped to shake  off as many as we could and then immediately hosed off and showered once we got back to the house. Did it teach us about going off-trail? Not really. Do I hate ticks? Yes!

*This is much harder than I thought it would be to think of nine things.*

6. Gnats/Fruit flies. They are currently flying around me because I have lamp on. My room has a window A/C unit so they come in that way. It's annoying. Time to get out the apple cider vinegar again. (Did you know that fruit flies have genetic make-up similar to humans? Read more about extending their life here.

7. Text Talk. BRB. lol. All those shortened phrases that people use drive me up the wall. I can handle some of them okay, but when people start just misspelling words such as "rlly" or "l8r", I go a bit ballistic. NO. THAT'S NOT OKAY. With the invention of Swipe keyboards, spelling shouldn't be a huge issue. (Auto correct is the next nemesis of English minded people. Proofread...) It takes a few milliseconds to fully spell out "really" or "later" rather than using the shortened version. C'mon. Let's preserve our melting pot of a language. 

8. Lack of sleep. Some people can function on less than seven hours of sleep just fine. I can't. Well I can function but it's not pleasant for me or others. I'm grumpy, irritable, and not very pretty. I generally just try to avoid such situations.

9. Conflict. Well, who actually likes this? I just shy away from it. Even if it could help a situation, I don't like conflict or potential conflict. I retreat into my own space. Some day I will confront this fear head-on, but until then I will avoid that confrontation and others. 

Breath...That was hard.

Granny Eyre

Here are the other sites I mentioned before. Happy blogging!
http://fatmumslim.com.au/sweet-ideas-50-things-to-blog-about/
http://www.molly-greene.com/101-blog-topic-ideas/
http://startbloggingonline.com/101-blog-post-ideas-that-make-your-blog-hot/

No comments: