Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

It's About Time

Time is something that I am always needing more of. I spent Thursday-Sunday camping...the first two nights with the wonderful Twenty Somethings, and the last night/day with my bf and several of his friends at a cabin in the woods. Sunday evening, I stopped by my sister's house and went for a swim in her pool for the first time this year. It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle and just relax for awhile. I enjoyed having some time away from working and all the stress that comes along with a huge to-do list and no time to complete it.

 That being said, today was my first day back to work after a weeks vacation. We are starting summer work, which means that we are cleaning the high school from top to bottom. Today we cleaned out every single locker in the entire school, which took FOREVER, but so far I really enjoyed working with all the new workers (mostly high school students or recent high school grads). They seem like a very fun bunch of kids who will work hard, but like to have a good time while doing so. It is kinda weird for me to be gone for a week and suddenly come back and be sort of in charge. I was at the bottom of the totem pole (so to speak), and now I have moved up some, but my hourly pay has been decreased, since summer work doesn't pay as much as custodial work does during the school year.

After work, I went to my sister's Mary Kay debut party in Nicholasville, which was interesting. I was in a bit of a grouchy mood due to hunger, but I ended up having a pretty good time and getting a free pedicure and some eye shadow out of the whole ordeal. I am proud of my sister for going out on a limb and trying something new. All of the women there were very nice, and I hope that continues to enjoy it and do well. If any of you ladies are interested in getting a free facial or ordering from her, then feel free to let me know. I can hook you up with one of her business cards and a catalog so you can see what products are available and the prices and such.

Once I got home, I took multi-tasking to a whole different level. I simultaneously washed two loads of laundry and applied for a job while in the bathtub! Haha! I'm now getting ready for bed, since I have to be at work at 7:00 am in the morning. I will also be house-sitting tomorrow night, which I am sorta looking forward to, since I will get to be around all sorts of neat animals. I am still kinda stressed, though, because I don't have my clothes packed or lunch for tomorrow.

-Miss Ellaneous 

No comments: