Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Transitioning

Monday was my last day of substitute teaching for the year!! Probably my last day of substitute teaching period, but you never know. So today I started manual labor with my dad. It was hard work today but we don't work that many hours in a day, as I mentioned in a previous post. He doesn't have lumber for the barn work yet (he went to get it today), so we did some odd jobs that needed done including cutting down a tree in the back yard. It was a learning experience to watch the process of cutting it down. Then Dad cut it up into firewood and we stacked it into the carry-all on the tractor and moved it to the wood pile where it will "cure" (dry out completely) for a year or more before we burn it for heat. There were also many small branches and limbs that I dragged down to the burning pile.I also found a snake skin in the barn where we were cleaning out old pieces of wood from the rafters. It was almost as long as I am tall. Scary!

I am super pumped for our camping adventure this week. As most of you probably already know, I had my first smores of the year on Sunday and it was a great taste of what is to come over our open campfire this Thursday!

Speaking of smores, I tried the new smores oreos! They are not as good as the real thing, of course, but I think they make a pretty tasty cookie. I also bought some Honest Tea brand Watermelon Lemonade and I am here to tell you, it is awesome! It is all organic and some of the ingredients are even fair trade. But that's not even what makes it awesome...its the taste. It actually tastes like watermelon and lemons, not watermelon flavoring. I actually like it so much I was considering buying a whole case of it!




That's all for now!
The Farmer's Daughter

No comments: