Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Summer Love

It's been summer vacation for me (kind of) for a couple of weeks since I've just been subbing on and off (more off). During that time I've also been crafty and had some adventures. So bear with this picture-laden post and you'll see my last couple of weeks.

Jewelry Making
I spent a couple of hours one afternoon making some jewelry. My uncle gave me a bunch of beads a couple of Christmases ago, including these shell beads, which I wasn't sure how to use. Well I figured out how to use them while also trying out a three stranded necklace technique. Whatcha think?



The Zoo
A few of us, including Miss Ellaneous, went to the zoo on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. There were a lot of people there, but there were also more animals out than last time I was at Cincinnati Zoo. I was super excited to find a sloth. Did you know a sloth only poops once a week while a goose poops every twelve minutes?

House Sitting
This week I am housesitting for my pastor who is on vacation in Florida. He has a beautiful log house sort of out in the country but still close enough to town that there are neighbors. You can actually see his house from certain parts of the Pinnacle. That's creepy now that I think about it...there could be people on the Pinnacle looking at this house right now.




There are five dogs and three chickens here right now that I'm taking care of. I don't know all of the names of the dogs but I do know Piper who loves to jump and tries to escape. In fact, earlier I had to lock her in the back part of the fence so that I could close the doggy door that goes in to the house. She's just a bit hyper and easily excited. In the pictures, she's the one that looks sort of like Hetty.






One cool thing about living here is that they have strawberries growing that they said I could pick. This morning I picked some and made a strawberry smoothie. I got the recipe here. The only thing I changed was that I used milk instead of soy milk. It was pretty good and definitely filled me up for breakfast. I probably should have used quick oats instead of whole oats, but that's what I had. Some people might not like it because it has quite a bit of texture. I think I did need more strawberries for more flavor.



Well that's it for now.  Maybe I'll make another post after I finish re-reading The Poisonwood Bible.
I love summer.

Granny Eyre


No comments: